Update in what I've been doing:
Writing this post with a groggy mind. Have been trying to pen this post the past few days, but put it off due to "exhaustion". Cause is playing too much DotA2 I guess, my new entertainment source, it lagging in almost every game notwithstanding. Shall replace my laptop at the end of this year, I think. Wanted it to be a connection platform with friends as well, not working very smoothly though. Reasons: 1) I haven't played pub yet even though I've played against bots for quite a long time already (inclusive of the original DotA game). 2) Not all friends or acquaintances play that game. The second reason is not a reason if one stares hard enough. Thus, I've been reading up and practicing (in coop bot games) in order to have an enjoyable virgin pub game experience. Then I'll play together with my friends (who of course play pub) and hopefully bond closer.
Thoughts:
Before I started my DotA2 craze, I had been watching Japanese anime back from my childhood times. From the increased number of unpleasant experiences I witnessed or was part of since I left school, I was wondering why people can be so mean. After watching the first 2 seasons of Digimon, I uncovered the message which I have not received from the anime. (I didn't manage to catch every episode on TV when I was young.) There exists a balance of light and darkness. Good and evil are always present, in harmony. To expect a world full of light and goodness is akin to wishing for Utopia. I guess I just have to constantly improve myself in the light to fight against the darkness in myself and in my surroundings. As cliche as this may sound, good will triumph over evil, and I firmly believe in it. Another key take from the anime: to actively strive for the things I want in life. They'll not magically fall from the heavens, work is needed to achieve them. Life's too short to wait for things to happen, it's better to make things happen. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment