Wednesday, January 1

2014

Well, I guess I'm going to be 21 this year, an important "checkpoint" age, the age which humans cross the boundary of the categories of children and adults. I do not have many feelings towards its approaching, except maybe not really looking forward to the greater amount of responsibilities that comes with adulthood.

Looking back at 2013, it's been a decent year for me, with no major events, excluding perhaps reaching my ORD. The increase in the number of facebook friends is probably the smallest since the year I started my account. I have also done more clean-up on my list of friends, the last which I will act upon for what I foresee as many years to come. I officially got over the stage of mass adding people I meet (when meet = add). And nope, this does not mean I think I have an adequate social circle. Heck, I don't even know what's the diameter of my ideal social circle. Going by intuition will do for that, I just hope I don't become paranoid or the like. I still feel lonely sometimes at home (from my lack of siblings), but I am proud to say I can manage myself when I'm alone. I said before I wanted to go out with friends and acquaintances more often. It's not really possible for me, as I found out this year. Due to my introvert personality coupled with my dry skin, I am not comfortable with going out as frequent as I would have liked. Oh well, I've come to terms with it.

2014 will be the year when I go back to school. Yay! Will encounter the opposite gender of my age range rather often again after 2 years of national service. Hopefully interaction with the girls won't be difficult for me... And I will adopt a modified strategy of attempting to make new friends: be active in expressing interest but not force it too hard. After all, I have learnt that people may not want to due to their various reasons. I still like to widen my circle (ok maybe not as others fade out unknowingly), there's a lot of good people out there which I have yet to meet. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment