Tuesday, December 22

Relationships (Part III)

All right. This will most probably be the last serious post of the year 2009. Time flies and I realise I haven't been working out, there goes my physical ability. Not that I can flaunt that in the first place, so not that big a lost. As for NAPFA, never have I before breezed through it, and never will I guess, unless some miracle happens. Meanwhile, I will just have to struggle through it. Wonder why people can ace in it so easily, not like they did work out in the holidays. Have to do with childhood days I think, what people call building the foundation? Body-building follows this as well, perhaps. Enough crapping, this has nothing to do with the title.

Today, I was a little emotional, because of a few events piled together. Ironic, since I have not been doing much in the holidays besides sitting in front of my laptop. Surprisingly and unknowingly (at that period of time), one of my close friends (a junior [in year]) consoled me. I remember lamenting about him not having done that before (I'm very daring right, but I was interested in the reason), but well, I can shut my mouth up now.

I do not have any siblings. Not like I can help it. Of course I do sometimes wonder what it's like to have one. I am not proficient in communications with seniors, but I do have an affinity with juniors. As for people of the same year, I guess I can be deemed as normal in relations. From various people, whether close friends or cousins (especially 3 people), I do have a taste of having siblings. It's still vastly different, I know, as living together is something I cannot achieve. But well, daily communication will have to suffice for my experience in this area. You can say I yearn for this experience. I suppose having sibling relations are valuable, as blood's always thicker than water, and you need not make family decisions by yourself (sharing the responsibility). It grows more valuable with age, no doubt. I do hear a lot of friends and acquaintances whining and complaining about their siblings now, but well it's extremely lonely to be alone, with no one to talk to (yes, parents do have a generation gap, albeit they hoping for its non-existence). Most of the things in life requires gritting of teeth and bearing with things you do not like, tolerance is a virtue too. Can be cultivated via encounters daily with siblings, another plus point. Well, this is just my opinion that I think having siblings is good, one may have other views. "Respect for difference", Singapore moral education is successful in my case. =D Got through to the brain -- mostly. This should be the end of my series of active exploration/experimentation in the area of relations and character (my own). Got to be a relief to certain people, haha. In fact, I'm relieved too, because I find myself quite scary being able to adapt to different people by adopting their individual styles (trying out). I guess I'll stick to my own now. After all, everyone's special, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment