Monday, April 19

Psychological Update

Here I am honouring my promise of penning down this section of the blog post, sacrificing valuable time which I could have spent to do my homework (not as if I feel like doing it). Weather's pretty interchangeable for the past few days, it isn't good as people fall sick more easily. I don't think I will, as I got stricken by it already. And here I am deviating from my main topic again... =(


Psychology. In lower secondary, someone mentioned it and I remembered dismissing it as a useless area of study. As I moved into upper secondary and up to JC, along with the mental changes in my mind which I had described before in previous blog posts, I began to feel that it is indeed very relevant in our lives and began to feel curious about the human mind and spirit. The 5Ws and 1H in general. Humans are intellectual beings which make our range of thinking and therefore actions and responses very varied and worth appreciating and understanding. I'm rather interested in it currently, along with a budding attraction towards economics (other than chemistry, which I had liked for a period of time already). Psychology and economics are both under sociology I think, and I hope I have found an area, albeit extremely wide in scope, which I am keen to learn about (the behaviour of humans). 


I wonder if the previous paragraph served as a viable introduction. Must worry about GP, my English has been uber low quality since the start of my life. :S (Off-topic once more.) Humans do need psychological support from others, be it friends or family. I am at a severe disadvantage. For one, I do not have any siblings to show empathy to me. Second, I do not have BFFs. Therefore, I can only gain encouragement to move on with life from close friends, which of course, dull in contrast to the potential encouragement I can gain if I have BFFs. If I am a hydrogen atom [attempt to link chemistry with sociology], right now the bonds I can form are with classmates (same element H), with acquaintances (similar electronegativity value elements like C), with friends (difference in electronegativity larger, like in compounds MgH2 and H2S), where close friends relate to even larger difference in electronegativity values. However, only BFFs and siblings can assume the roles of Group I elements and the three most electronegative elements, N, O, and F, as the bonds formed between these elements and H are the strongest (comparison of all bonds that H can form with my limited knowledge). I am also like H with only 1 lone electron orbiting in vast spaces in the electron cloud (which is life itself). Others who have siblings have companion electrons in the same atom. Therefore, I can only seek to form strong bonds with others. However, I do not have even a single bond which has a bond energy that is comparable to those I seek. Funny how people talk about BFFs with the "s" when I do not even have one. D'= Makes me very depressed sometimes. That's why I want to sleep earlier (refer to earlier blog post for more details) and pull people whom I am close to even closer.


I believe a small little H atom has its own merits which can attract BFFs as well as other elements do. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment