Sunday, January 17

Updates - Events (Part Two)

Nice found time to continue my recording of events. =) Before I forget most of the details, better to pen them down for future reference. =|

Next event checked on the list was the NPCC chalet. Usually sec. 4s aren't invited to this annual event, but somehow we got the invitation. Must be because under the leadership of Ting Yit, the unit prospered with double champions in major competitions (Shooting and Quiz). That's why there's an exception. Just my guess. Interest at first wasn't exactly heart warming but after a little (traditional) magic [optional, but you have to go if you have no good reason not to], the turnout was rather good. Organisation can be improved, to be polite. I was quite late in meeting some sec. 4s at Aljunied MRT station, because I was accustomed to people being late already. Turned out I was utterly wrong. I forgot that we came from a uniformed group and was accustomed to being punctual and never late. =S However, this amount of time pales in comparison to what happened later. We merely waited several hours for them to decide to shift to the chalet (only Mr. Yong could check in, but he was at school, or so rumoured). Meanwhile, we (sec. 4s) idled around and Gwee Khian decided to blame some one for the terrific organisation. Several people got targeted, but it was fun nonetheless. When we finally decided to move to the chalet, we found out that it was quite a long walk there. Javan mentioned that it was near a swimming pool and we kind of commented on all signs and objects on the way to the chalet, including drains, the sea, a public toilet etc. We must seem rather funny, we're the only ones talking loudly and kind of making a fool of ourselves. For our own entertainment, purely. Haha. Finally, we reached the chalet (around a few hundred metres walk only) and separated for our own events. At night we gathered back, played card games, watched their epic fail BBQ. Some carried out their preplanned journey to find dinner. So much for unit spirit or bonding. After the BBQ (actually there wasn't really an end), we separated for our individual activities again. I didn't have much to do, my squad mates (ex- now) seem keen on sleeping. Therefore, I ventured to other rooms. Shawn invited me up to the sec. 2 room. I hesitated, wasn't sure about intruding. But well, in the end, I still went in. They were very much awake, unlike my... never mind. Was already acquaintances and friends with some of them, so therefore I wasn't really a stranger. Played Big 2 with some of them for 5+h continuously (some of them took shifts). Meanwhile, Nick Chng was being himself as usual, attracting attention with his skirmish with Song Ken. Then he said he was going to sleep and ended up playing Fate of the Dragon. Learned about different idiosyncrasies (kudos to Jin Rui for this big word) of different years and found out that Big 2 was not as boring as it seems, with a few random conversations and insults thrown around. Trudged back during the second day, we walked back and forth along the same long path from the chalet to the food outlets several times to accumulate a total distance of around 10km (each continuous journey back or forth took an arduous 10 minutes more). Overall, the chalet was still OK with just a number of obvious minuses. =P

2M '07 chalet was up on my list after the NP chalet. Only 2 people organised this, but there was relatively little hiccups compared to the NP chalet organised by an entire committee. Proves that one does not really need order and numbers to do something well. Ownage. Seriously. Meeting for old friends, have continuously met up at least once every year. Bitter sweet reminiscence, feels so comfortable around them. =) Of course there was fun and laughter as we make jokes (topics revolve around same old people). Played hearts for a stunning 13+h continuously. Ms Bian and Mr Krison came to visit us, both for a short time only. Wei Xiang and I laughed hard and loud about a joke shared between us for very long already, Jit Woon sparked the ignition to the flammable joke. Haha. =D Jit Woon made us laugh in the middle of the night by saying that he can identify whose tahi is whose just by smelling. He went to the toilet, and said that Ting Yit did big business just now. We were like cracking up over that. After that, the same person said that people who belong to uniform groups have identifiable distinct tahi. After which Marcus and Jit Woon left for some NCC activity and we made some comments about uniform groups and their (ridiculous) morning activities at chalets, including fire drills, pitching tents etc. After which, the topic became NCC and its precision drills, except, it became farting, with Chunqi making the sound effects. The night was hilarious. We split up in the morning and I followed a group to bowling. I haven't bowled for very long and ended up quite lousy, but still at least didn't end up cleaning the gutters a lot. =X An improvement indeed.

The last outing before school starts is with two friends from primary school. Format was the same as my 2nd outing with my two other friends, lunch then movie. The two friends (like my other two) were later than me. Next time, I'll take note that if I go out with NPCC/NCC friends, I must be punctual on the spot. For others, it's like +10 to +30 minutes late also can. Zzz We ate lunch at Subway, talked about school and academics, and went off window shopping (we bought the movie tickets already). We fiddled around in Tom & Stephanie's, especially in the kids section. =P Quite amusing saying that "This fits you!" holding a small pink dress and "I'll buy this for your next Xmas present." with a pacifier in your hand. Haha, different groups of friends have different characteristics, and I have to conform somehow (not undergoing major change to suit their character, but slightly to accommodate better). After the ridiculous window shopping, we went to watch the movie with smuggled McNuggets and a bag of potato chips. The movie was my first NC-rated and god was it gory with vampires and blood. Lucky we finished the nuggets fast. As the movie continued, it got more grotesque and we can't bring ourselves to open the bag of chips. The movie's plot was good and the animation was entertaining too, if one doesn't mind the disgusting blood spewing and sucking (that's why it's NC16). I don't regret watching it, even though I hope I won't have nightmares after watching it. =X

Yay! Finished penning down my outings. Tomorrow's start of school. Hope my biological clock can adapt in just one night. >.<

No comments:

Post a Comment