Monday, February 1

Friends

Focus will neither be on myself nor on solely my friends. It will be more of how friends relate to me and vice versa. Any one can be a friend to another, be it a junior, a senior or same level person. As I have said before, seniors are out of the equation for my life, currently at least. One may wonder and comment: "Shouldn't you eliminate juniors too?!" Well, for me, juniors, are surprisingly a large part of my life, mostly communicating through facebook and MSN. There's always tricks for one to get into the good books of people of a certain group. Different magic works on different groups, be it gender, age, character-wise etc. As for how to attract juniors, just be concerned about their affairs consistently, and never use confirmatory words or tones on them that hints at "What I say is law, you have no choice but to conform." Communicating with other people, of course, it is always good to leave a leeway for them to retreat as when people are backed into a corner, severe consequences will occur.

The end of high school life before the actual beginning of JC life leaves people wondering about what they should go for, what they should continue to be devoted to, and what they should drop as there is only 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. Time is limited and time is to be spent wisely on what one deems to be more important at that point of his life. Friends concern the social aspect of one's life, and I shall focus on that. The relations that tend to be dropped are the uncultivated, dilute or ambiguous ones, to make room (sadly) for new people that appear in your life, for the cultivation of new friendships. Therefore, the more sentimental of people go around reminiscing and confirming (normally not done) friendships. I have gotten several requests for confirmatory of friendship which I did, quite skilfully (kudos to myself for noticing psychology and the workings of the human mind for the past 2 years). I have also asked for some of my closer friends to pledge their friendship. Some did especially well, and I'm extremely glad, others need more budging before they "lia wu kiu" (catch the ball in hokkien). Well, I'm generally pleased and proud of my friends, they have changed me for the better, and I hope sincerely that I have done some service to them as well.

Friends of the same level are easier to continuously re-pledge the commitment of friendship. Even though my closest of friends are generally of the opinion of 人不为己,天诛地灭, their morals are still good and we get along very well. My next band of friends, the closer of friends (that got pushed out because of lack of communication), are well more average, of the normal kind that goes 礼尚往来、己所不欲,勿施于人. Well, I like that more than the previous saying I stated, but somehow, I don't feel as comfortable with them as the previous group. Back to a group I stated right in the beginning but haven't really addressed yet, the juniors. Unlike most of my other friends, I still have this group to consider in my transition to JC life. Some friends of the same level suggest me to drop this group altogether and go for the more fruitful relations which we haven't had a chance to make for the past 4 years. Other friends tell me that I 凭良心走, follow my heart and conscience and I'll get it right and not regret. Well, so I fused both theories and tried a method on this special group I have. My cousin was surprisingly mature in his answer and fast in confirming, too influenced by me I guess, that's why my aunt is comfortable with him always around me. (老王卖瓜,自卖自夸, but who cares =D.) The other guy isn't that spontaneous with his answer, in fact I don't have an exact answer yet. I do not want to be cruel, but like I had once written in an earlier post, it isn't healthy investing in an ambiguous relation, you do not know if there're returns or not. To reach a close friendship, it really isn't fair to the word "close" if you associate it with "ambiguous". But it is labelled "ambiguous" unless there are mutual pledges to each other (and not one-way), small obvious hints are enough to chuck away the awful word. Haiz... To give another chance of not? Avoiding is only a temporary solution, facing it like a man (lol to this expression) is a permanent one.

P.S. Format of posts: recounts of events will have exact names in the posts; philosophical posts like this will see all characters remaining anonymous and known only to them and myself. Shall update about HCJC Orientation 2010 Ad Infinitum soon, 1st part being the OG, 2nd will be CT and faculty. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment