Monday, February 1

1+1=2, 1 human + 1 human = ?

The devil and the angel engage in a heated argument in a person's brain.
Devil: That's the last straw. Put your foot down and end the torment. He's not budging and never will.
Angel: (Appears) Do so and you will destroy a relation build by time and mutual effort. It doesn't come easy.
Devil: Who cares about sentiments? Doesn't earn you anything in this society.
Angel: Without emotions, men will be no different from other animals.
Devil: Oh come on, how many chances are you planning to give, my dear angel? Infinite, forever?
Angel: ... I follow my heart.
Devil: Ha! Pardon me, but that's worth nothing too!
Angel: You heartless piece of junk. Of course relations mean nothing to you.
Devil: Oh right, investment in relations produce...?
Angel: True Friends.
Devil: Well well, my little angel, your choice of vocabulary does not suit this case. True? You've got to be kidding me. Even I know the definition of a true friend, although I have no allies at all.  Even direct asking and continuous probing doesn't work for this case. Obviously it's not worth the while already. Are you dumb?
Angel: *Long period of silence*
Devil: Yes? My logic for once hit home in you?
Angel: ... This is a unique case unseen before in the past. The average theory doesn't work here.
Devil: What does then, 'O Wise Angel?
Angel: I have not found anything...
Devil: Don't bother. This case is hopeless. Don't intervene, for even you have to admit I'm right for once. Hesitate no longer! Do not prolong the pain. Break off swiftly and do not turn back. You'll find better people around.
Angel: Funny, when have you learnt to comfort people. I thought you only know how to provoke?
Devil: My first victory over you, that's why I'm exceptionally happy and therefore nice today. Oh yeah. (Y)
Angel: (Aside) Why must it come to this? (N)

No comments:

Post a Comment